Wednesday, March 27, 2013


Beer goggles.  The term used when all things, people, look better with the help of many, many beers.  Put your beer goggles on and your view becomes skewed and your mouth loses it's filter.  I am coining the term "cancer goggles" today!  Same thing-your view is skewed and you have the urge to be snarky.  In any given situation, I am bi-polar: part of me sees it as I always have, then suddenly I flip/flop and see a whole different viewpoint.  Thankfully, not everyone wears cancer goggles-but I do, and unfortunately, when I wake up in the morning after a late night out, I am still wearing mine. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi: I just bumped into your blog by searching for the term "cancer goggles". Seems we both got hit by the same idea, with the same connotations! I'm in the midst of treatment for lymphoma; the prognosis is good, but I'm a long way from the finish line, which makes for some serious introspection. Thanks for putting up your blog; hope you expand on it because it's a great idea.

    I've got a blog going with details about what's going on with me; check it out if you have the inclination. http://www.davintosh.com/category/family/medical-adventures/

    ReplyDelete